The Japanese percussionist will perform 10 double-bill concerts over five days at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe
Kuniko tours Reich
KUNIKO is one of the world's most gifted and significant percussionists of her generation. 2012 sees her take her debut recording for Linn Records, ‘kuniko plays reich', on tour across Europe, Japan and America. The recording and concert programme features three premiere arrangements of Steve Reich's works, uniquely arranged for marimba, vibraphone and steel pans.
‘If you're looking for something cool and modern, (but still accessible and easy on the ears) I definitely recommend Kuniko Plays Reich.' The Music Cube
Kuniko will give the premiere performance of New York Counterpoint version for marimba at the New York concert, which completes her arrangements for percussion of all the counterpoint series from Steve Reich.
Don't miss out on watching this charismatic performer live in concert:
- May 14th: New York, U.S.A, Galapagos Art Space, Brooklyn BOOK TICKETS
- June 6th, 7th & 8th: Yokohama, Japan, Zou-No-Hana Terrace
- June 13th-17th: Yerevan, Armenia, Komitas Chamber Music Hall, Yerevan Perspectives International Music Festival
- June 21st: Paris, France, Maison de la culture du Japon a Paris
- June 23rd: Madrid, Spain, Teatro Fernando de Rojas, Círculo de Bellas Artes
- June 26th: Barcelona, Spain, Conservatori Liceu
- June 29th: Cologne, Germany, Japanisches Kulturinstitut
- July 2nd: Rome, Italy, Istituto Giapponese di Cultura
- July 5th: Paris, France, TBA
- July 7th: Zurich, Switzerland, Museum Rietberg