Super Audio Collection Vol. 10
Super Audio Collection Vol. 10
Studio Master (192) FLAC
- Studio Master (192) ALAC
- Studio Master FLAC
- Studio Master ALAC
- CD Quality FLAC
- CD Quality ALAC
- Rainbow ConnectionComposer(s) Paul Williams, Kenneth AscherArtist(s) Joe Stilgoe Tom Farmer, Ben Reynolds
- Young Apollo, Op. 16Composer(s) Benjamin BrittenArtist(s) Markus Daunert Lorenzo Soules Aldeburgh Strings
Young Apollo, Op. 1607:48$3.40
- Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248: Cantata No. 4. Aria. "Flosst, mein Heiland, flosst dein Namen"Composer(s) Johann Sebastian Bach The BibleArtist(s) John Butt Dunedin Consort
Christmas Oratorio, BWV 248: Cantata No. 4. Aria. "Flosst, mein Heiland, flosst dein Namen"04:58$2.30
- Concerto for Flute d’amore, Oboe d’amore & Viola d’amore in G Major, GWV 333: IV. AllegroComposer(s) Christoph GraupnerArtist(s) Monica Huggett Lisa Beznosiuk: flute d'amore, Andreas Helm: oboe d'amore, Huw Daniel: viola d'amore Irish Baroque Orchestra
Concerto for Flute d’amore, Oboe d’amore & Viola d’amore in G Major, GWV 333: IV. Allegro04:11$2.30
- Farewell to StromnessComposer(s) Peter Maxwell DaviesArtist(s) Sean Shibe
Farewell to Stromness04:25$2.30
- The Soldier's Tale, Part I: II. Music for Scene 1. Airs by a StreamComposer(s) Igor StravinskyArtist(s) Oliver Knussen Royal Academy of Music Manson Ensemble
The Soldier's Tale, Part I: II. Music for Scene 1. Airs by a Stream02:44$2.30
- Symphony No. 6, Op. 104: III. Poco vivaceComposer(s) Jean SibeliusArtist(s) Thomas Sondergard BBC National Orchestra of Wales
Symphony No. 6, Op. 104: III. Poco vivace04:01$2.30
- Grande fantaisie sur des themes de l’opera Niobe de Pacini – Divertissement sur la cavatine I tuoi frequenti palpiti, S. 419 (Excerpt)Composer(s) Franz LisztArtist(s) Chiyan Wong
Grande fantaisie sur des themes de l’opera Niobe de Pacini – Divertissement sur la cavatine I tuoi frequenti palpiti, S. 419 (Excerpt)03:40$2.30
- Les Manches VertesComposer(s) AnonymousArtist(s) Elizabeth Kenny Theatre of the Ayre
Les Manches Vertes02:46$2.30
- Dou way, Robyn / Sancta mater gratiaeComposer(s) AnonymousArtist(s) Gothic Voices
Dou way, Robyn / Sancta mater gratiae02:40$2.30
- Lachrimae or Seven Tears: Mr Henry Noell his GalliardComposer(s) John DowlandArtist(s) Elizabeth Kenny Phantasm
Lachrimae or Seven Tears: Mr Henry Noell his Galliard02:02$2.30
- Variations on "Mein junges Leben hat ein End", SwWV 324Composer(s) Jan Pieterszoon SweelinckArtist(s) Trevor Pinnock
Variations on "Mein junges Leben hat ein End", SwWV 32406:04$2.30
- Il pastor fido, HWV 8a: Overture. I. OuvertureComposer(s) George Frideric HandelArtist(s) Peter Whelan Ensemble Marsyas
Il pastor fido, HWV 8a: Overture. I. Ouverture03:35$2.30
- Serenade in B-Flat Major, K. 361 "Gran Partita": III. AdagioComposer(s) Wolfgang Amadeus MozartArtist(s) Trevor Pinnock Royal Academy of Music Soloists Ensemble
Serenade in B-Flat Major, K. 361 "Gran Partita": III. Adagio05:19$2.30
- Romeo et Juliette, Op. 17, H 79: Part 7. Serment de reconciliationComposer(s) Hector Berlioz Emile Deschamps, William ShakespeareArtist(s) Robin Ticciati Alistair Miles Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra, Swedish Radio Choir
Romeo et Juliette, Op. 17, H 79: Part 7. Serment de reconciliation04:45$2.30
Total running time: 62 minutes.
Having reached its ten year milestone this collection of tracks is originally compiled from Linn's Super Audio CD catalogue. Please note the digital download is not in surround sound.
Volume 10 comprises tracks from across the award-winning label's most recent releases.
Dip into Linn's jazz catalogue to share Joe Stilgoe's enthusiasm for the silver screen with a track from his second movie themes album, Songs On Film: The Sequel.
Making their Linn debut in the last year were young pianist Chiyan Wong with an impressive Liszt recital, Irish Baroque Orchestra, guitarist Sean Shibe and Theatre of the Ayre. The critics enthused about Bach's Christmas Oratorio by Dunedin Consort with The Guardian calling it "one of the finest accounts now available", whilst Phantasm's Dowland recording earned several five star reviews with Gramophone remarking that it "has all the hallmarks of a classic recording."
Oliver Knussen added to Linn's impressive roster of conductors with a dazzling account of Stravinsky's The Soldier's Tale; his performance sits alongside those by Robin Ticciati, Trevor Pinnock and Thomas Søndergård who returned to conduct Berlioz, Mozart and Sibelius respectively. The iconic Gothic Voices brought their thirty years performing experience to bear as they created their trademark evocative sound world on Mary Star of the Sea.
Whether you are discovering Linn for the first time or compiling your 2017 wish list, this collection is for you.